Monday, May 23, 2011

HW . 57

I've had the experience of going to prom in 8th grade and I had a date, a dress went to the after party, but i didnt have my date pick me up and take pictures. But my prom wasnt like usual proms we technically didnt go with status quo it was in our cafeteria but it was decorated we didnt vote for prom or queen, there wanst the special slow dance it was like a regular party with people dressed up. But the after party went wwith the script of prom night, we all went to a house of a friend's who parents werent there and their was alcohol & drugs and people hooking up.

I think my prom was a little bit more laid back then what you normally see on tv, and after already experiencing it once I now see that its not that big of a deal. Prom is supposed to be seen as a "rite of passage" into adulthood but after that i didnt feel any different or that i accomplished something big in my life and ready to take on more. But maybe it has to do with the age that I had mines at if I had it when I'm a senior and 18 then my view on prom probably would be different then what it iss now.

Personally I think prom is a waste finacially but it also is a gain in memories and experience but its not something that will affect you for the rest of your life if you dont go, like some people claim it does. I also find it interesting how everyone tries to go against what they normal things are for prom but in the end your still going along with the "script" and when I watch movies of prom scenarios or any highschool scenarios people criticize what's going on and why would they do this or that. But in reality they dont realize that there going along and doing the same thing and everyone is following the script if they do or dont want to.

1. When did the idea of prom start?
2. how has  prom changed over the years?
3. why does society follow along with the "script" for prom when they already know whats going to happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment